The Atomic TBI is designed to install on a standard square bore intake manifold flange.
It is a self-tuning EFI system that continuously adjusts after the basic configuration is complete. There is no laptop programming. Base on the engine descriptors that you input during the initial setup, the Atomic will automatically create a base fuel map to get the engine running. Once the system is started the self learning technology will optimize those maps resulting in the best performance possible. If you drive through altitude changes, temperature swings or other factors the Atomic will adjust accordingly, on the fly.
This ensures that your engine will produce excellent driveability at all times, even from the sunny coast to the cool mountains.There three main components of the Atomic TBI; the throttle body, the Power Module and the Handheld Monitor. The ECU of the system is built into the passenger side of the throttle body and there are several sensors integral to the unit including the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP), Intake Air Temperature (IAT) and the Fuel Pressure Sensor.Power Module: The Power Module of the Atomic LS is the communication hub of the system and provides the high current fuel pump circuit and other input/outputs for optional features.
The unit has two ports for the MSD CAN system as well as a wiring harness. There are connections for the WB02, the Handheld Monitor as well as power and communication to the integrated fuel rails.Programming: To program the Atomic for your specific engine application, there no need (or method) to connect a PC to the system. All of the programming is performed through a simple to use Handheld Monitor. The Monitor simply plugs into the Power Module. Once the few initial setup selections are answered and the engine is running the Monitor can be removed or left connected.
When it is connected, there is a Dash and Gauges screen that show engine parameters in real time.
- Fuel System: The Atomic TBI system can be used with return or returnless EFI system. Review the Fuel System Information section starting on page 3 for detailed information.
- Wide-Band 02 Sensor: A Wide-Band 02 sensor is supplied in the Atomic TBI Kit. This sensor is responsible for constantly monitoring the exhaust gases and relaying that information to the ECU where adjustments are continually made to the fuel delivery in order to meet the air/fuel targets. Only one sensor is required. Page 5 outlines sensor installation.
- Trigger Signal: The Atomic TBI requires an rpm/trigger reference signal to operate. This signal be a 12-volt square wave reference signal from the tach output of an MSD ignition control or it can be achieved when connected to coil negative with breaker points, GM HEI or Ford TFI inductive based ignition system.
- Timing Control: The Atomic TBI is capable of controlling the ignition timing. To use this function an MSD 6A or other ignition control must be installed. The distributor must also be locked-out. There are settings for Idle timing, Total advance and Vacuum advance through the handheld monitor. Pages 16-19 explain the timing control setup in detail.
- Rev Limiter: A fuel controlled rev limiter can be set through the Atomic. When the engine rpm reaches the programmed value, fuel will be cut off to achieve the desired limit. Any ignition related rpm limit is set and acts independently of the Atomic.
- Power Adders: The Atomic TBI can operate in conjunction with wet nitrous systems as well as positive manifold pressure supplied by a draw-thru or blow-thru forced induction system. For nitrous, there is a program that allows you to set a target air/fuel ratio when the nitrous is activated as well as a selection to retard the timing (when timing control is incorporated) Note that a wet nitrous system requires its own fuel pump to supply the additional fuel required with nitrous.
- EGR No
- Injection Style Throttle body
- Metering Style Speed density
- Intake Manifold Included No
- Fuel Rails Included Yes
- Throttle Body Included Yes
- Throttle Body Mounting Flange 4-barrel square bore
- Injectors Included Yes
- Injector Size (lbs/hr) 80 lbs./hr.
- Calibration Module Included Yes
- ECM Included Yes
- Wiring Harness Included Yes
- Oxygen Sensor Included Yes
- Fuel Pump Included Yes
- Fuel Pressure Regulator Included No
- Distributor Included No
- MAP Sensor Included Yes
- IAT Sensor Included Yes
- TPS Sensor Included Yes
- IAC Motor Included Yes
- Quantity Sold as a kit.
- Notes Will support engines up to 525 horsepower. Includes 15 ft. of 3/8 in. diameter rubber fuel line and fuel filter.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Engine Master Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.