Get 15,000 more volts than your stock coil.
MSD Blaster coils put out 45,000 V, which are 15,000 more than stock. They also have an oil-filled metal canister and will fit stock mounting brackets.
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. All of the Blaster Coils are designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil filled metal canister. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. There are several versions of the Blaster Coil available. All of them have the same internal specifications, but have different housings or components. Each Blaster Coil can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series (ballast resistor required for points)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Brand MSD Ignition
- Manufacturer's Part Number 8202
- Part Type Ignition Coils
- Product Line MSD Blaster 2 Ignition Coils
- Part Number MSD-8202
- Coil Wire Attachment Female/Socket
- Coil Style Canister
- Primary Resistance 0.700 ohms
- Coil Internal Construction Oil-filled
- Coil Color Red
- Maximum Voltage 45,000 V
- Turns Ratio 100:1
- Secondary Resistance 4.70K ohms
- Inductance 8.0 mH
- Peak Current 140 mA
- Spark Duration 350 uS
- Mounting Bracket Included No
- Coil Wire Included No
- Ballast Resistor Included No
- Coil Shape Round
- Diameter (in) 2.125 in.
- Height (in) 6.000 in.
- Quantity Sold individually.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Engine Master Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.