Most OEM stock flywheels are heavy cast iron parts designed for optimum road driveability. Although this may be important for everyday road cars, this driveability comes at the expense of engine response and acceleration and is not suited to performance or race vehicles. These cast iron flywheels are also prone to catastrophic failure under extreme conditions and so for safety reasons only approved billet flywheels are now required equipment in most motorsport applications. Yella Terra designs and manufactures a large range of high performance quality billet flywheels for the street and race track. The Yella Terra flywheels are precision CNC machined from a solid steel billet and fitted with an OEM quality ring gear. All Yella Terra Flywheels are SFI approved, making them safe to be used in motorsport applications and are in accordance with the specifications set out by the SFI racing sanctioning bodies.
Light weight flywheels
The Yella Terra Lightweight Flywheel delivers outstanding engine response and sharp power transfer for high performance vehicles.The Yella Terra LW series billet flywheels are designed and developed to improve engine response for the practical RPM range from medium to high. They have been CNC precision machined and had material removed to make them more responsive. The lightweight steel flywheels are engineered to improve vehicle performance by reducing both the weight and Moment of Inertia (MOI) of the OEM flywheel. And this is done by removing material only from the outer edge where it has far greater effect than removing material across the entire surface.
- Made 20% to 30% lighter than factory flywheels (varies by model)
- Delivers outstanding engine response and sharp power transfer
- Light weight flywheel keep less energy in storage but the lighter rotating mass provides significantly improved engine response and acceleration characteristics
- Improved throttle response
- For street and drag racing vehicles which may require more RPM.
- Application: Chev Small Block Vortec With 1 Piece Rear Main Seal
- Flywheel Style: Light Weight
- Weigh 11.2KG
- Tooth Coun 153 Tooth
- Balance: 4.37 oz Counter Balance
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Engine Master Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.